Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pangea Day

Today is Pangea Day, where films made all over the world were shown at the same time all over the planet. I was at JJ's Blues to watch the show locally, which for us in California was from 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. My favorite films included "One Thousand Words" (fiction: a man follows clues to try to return a lost camera), "Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars" (documentary: people at a refugee camp improve lives by singing), "Elevator Music" (fiction: people use cell phones to play their own music, with a great twist at the end), "Walleyball" (documentary: volleyball games on a beach divided by a slat wall between Americans and Mexicans, and "I Remember Lebanon" (documentary: a woman who left her country explains what she remembered there during times of peace, and why the world should care as much during peacetime as during war).

The films were funny and sad, the music was great. I really felt part of the one world concept. For me visually, the best time to take photos was during the Laughter Yoga segment, where they had everyone get up and laugh as one, some favorite moments:






To find out more about Pangea Day, and to watch the films go to:

http://www.pangeaday.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was there! :-) I'm the guy with my arms up way in the back in the 3rd photo. The world-wide laugh thing was pretty cool.

-Craig