Friday, June 22, 2007

Brown Dirt Cowboy's Ad

When I shoot ads for the newspaper, sometimes clients have a preconceived notion of what they would like, a set of directions, a sketch or two for me, etc.. Other times, clients will ask me for a lot of input, when that happens I stroll around their store, looking for just the right angles and often shoot things with minor changes to give them the freedom to have their photos match the ad which they will compose later. This ad is an example of the latter type.

Both the and the furniture were stunning.



The place had a lot of reflective surfaces, this shot was taken with the reflection carefully chosen to show off items and also how spacious the place is, filled with treasures to explore.



Usually I go out of my way to not have my flash in the photo. However I knew that in this instance the flash would appear as the lighting on the candle, so I shot it both ways and the client opted for the "lit candle" one for the ad. I think it works quite well.


No comments: