Monday, June 25, 2007

Gay Pride Parade, Part One

The Gay Pride event this weekend in San Francisco was one of my favorite assignments for the paper so far. Though I've photographed parades in the past for other papers, having the press pass that let me photograph from inside the gates made it so much more amazing (and, of course, easier to get such fun angles and moments).

My editor, Dave, liked the photos and said he wished this had been one of our color issues. My photos made the front page and one page of a small photo essay inside (click any to enlarge):




The page had a lot of my work in it, as a lot of photos in the ad below the photo story for Back to Sports are mine as well:



The Altoids float was an explosion of color and movement with dancing and bubbles:



Balloon Magic really got the crowd cheering:


No comments: