Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Photo Tuesday

This week's random photo is one of my favorites from the San Francisco parade that I haven't posted till now. Code Pink, the female political activist group brought their anti-President Bush message to the parade. I'm really awed when I see people rallying in this way whether I agree with their message or not.



I've been in one such demonstration, years ago on San Jose State University's campus I was one of the demonstrators walking back and forth from one part of campus to the other across the street. We were trying to get a traffic light installed as the street was particularly dangerous and even then district leader Cindy Chavez joined us.

Our photo was in the school newspaper and it turns out I was the only one with my caution tape sash on upside down, how funny!

We did end up getting it, the city split the cost with the university, and as far as I know no one was injured crossing after the light was installed (and there had been quite a few close calls previous to that). Politics in action, I love it.

No comments: