Sunday, November 11, 2007

Things I learned about my mother this week

My mom visited me this week from Florida. We had a great time catching up and it's amazing how much we had to talk about, even though we talk regularly every week.

On this visit I learned so much about her. A few favorite things:

* When I was little she had a silver bracelet that I loved and apparently asked her if I could wear. Though she never let me wear it then (it would have slid off my wrist anyhow) she gave it to me this visit. Since she always has a fashionable bracelet or two on her wrist it's a great present, and I've been wearing it almost non-stop since. Photo to follow next time I take it off.

* Her favorite city that she's visited is Paris, France. My mom has been to many places and I'd imagined she'd pick a really exotic place, but it fits her to a T.

*We read a lot of the same authors. She is a huge Robin Cook fan and even read a few I haven't had a chance to read yet.

* My late father who I learned to shoot from got his love for photography by taking a college class that at first just my mom had been enrolled in. Mom said everywhere they went he took lots and lots of photos. This makes a lot of sense I have so many photos she's in and fewer that he's in (till I picked up a camera of course).

I love you, Mom, thanks for an awesome visit.

No comments: