Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Most Important Shot

At John and Monique's wedding last month I took many photographs that were candid moments, posed/formal shots of family and friends, and some detail shots. I was asked to create a detail shot that represented a request I had never had before.

After shooting the couple's ring finger hands, which I did both using a wall for texture and over their marriage certificate from the church (the latter the bride's idea) the bride asked if I would do a similar shot of her and her grandmother.

This is that shot, using the bride's dress as a background.




The bride told me that her grandmother wore an engagement ring, a wedding band, and a mother's ring and that each had a specific history within their family. The bride loved this shot (and as I was shooting digital I was able to show it to both of them right away on the camera back. She told me that while all the shots I had taken before were important and would be treasured (including many that showed both her and her grandmother's face) this one was most important to her for the whole day as it showed the rings, which were very sentimental to them both.

This post the first of what will be a regular feature of current and past brides (and possibly grooms) relating their most important shot of the day and why.

No comments: