Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Leal Vineyards and Me

One of the things that I love most about my job as a photojournalist is that I never know what is going to happen or be assigned to me next. With this being a short week (Monday is usually one of my busiest shooting days, but being Christmas we all had it off), I thought I was wrapping up the week's photos when I received a new assignment from the City Editor to go to Valley Fair and photograph the new temporary location of Leal Vineyard's wine tasting. Leal Vineyards is one of the many local wineries I've found out about through my job.

I'd actually photographed at the vineyards before for a story on the winery being the only local one to place at this year's county fair:



The location was great, it was fun seeing people look in and gravitate towards the wine tasting. I photographed 3 pairs of people from all different angles. I had fun trying to find ways to show that it was, indeed, at a busy mall.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris and Owie who work at the vineyard. After shooting I was able to chat briefly with Owie (who helps coordinates weddings for Leal) about my wedding photography and show him Molly and Jeremy's album. We have a tenative date for me to come in and discuss becoming part of the preferred vendor's list at the winery as I work locally for the paper.

No comments: