Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Counter, and Plans


Sean Mackin, above, from Yellowcard , is amazing. Not only is he a classically trained violinist (he plays electric violin on stage) in a rock band, but he does literal back flips while performing. (None during the first three songs though, and that's all I got to shoot with my media pass last year.)

At JJ's Blues I can shoot the whole first set and at the beginning when I started working there, I did. Now I can shoot all the pictures I need in three songs, media pass at a concert style, some bands I can do in two depending on how many people are in the band (Johnnie likes several good, different individual ones as well as group ones), how fast their songs are, and how expressive they are. Most bands that come even have solos in the second or third song, which makes getting them at their most expressive that much easier.

The energy shooting at a concert (not to mention the adrenaline from knowing I have only three songs in which to shoot) is amazing, also. I felt something akin to that yesterday after Zach and I finally got my counters on my page to work. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see country and city counters. They're counting, at least most of you, and since the city and country titles differ, perhaps some of you more than once.

Since it started working it's counted many people from CA, someone from Atlanta, someone from Richmond, and even Norway, wow and welcome. By the way the counter sees some people so far just as generic United States (I know for certain at least one in Florida is being shown that way) and some at the wrong city. A friend listed as Walworth, NY is indeed in NY, but has never heard of Walworth and I tried logging in at work to see if it would display Hollister and got counted as Morgan Hill, which is a good half hour or so away by car),

After I volunteered for part of Thanksgiving at City Team ministries, (there are several locations including one in San Jose) Colleen had said she'd like to try it sometime. We decided to make sometime yesterday and helped out with dinner:

Colleen had fun and even suggested we try doing it more often. I'd already decided to try and give more this year, things like helping out really make me realize how much I have compared to others, but I had been thinking money not time. It does make sense though, even with wedddings and events we could both help out maybe once a month or so. It's definitely something to work on.

My hair was tied back in that one (so as not to get in the food), here's one closer to the current length:

No comments: