Sunday, December 31, 2006

Stillies - Photojournalism

It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by. During 2006 I finished my photojournalism studies at San Jose State University, completed two PJ internships (one for the school, one at The Santa Cruz Sentinel), begun a new job as a photojournalist for The Pinnacle, became House Photographer for JJ's Blues (literally a year ago to the day was my first night working there) and also photographed many weddings, engagements, and other events.

Here are The Stillies, moments that made me stand metaphorically still after the fact, from things I've photographed for newspapers this year.

Favorite Use of Angle to Convey Movement, from the Wharf to Wharf Race:

Favorite Enviornmental Portrait, Keith Barefoot, Fire Dancer at a party:

Favorite Photo Showing Action, author mule packer James Brumfield:

Favorite Personality Coming Alive in a Photo (tie)

Dorothy Oster, 83, who dives every day

and Mitch Johnson opens up his newstand business


Soon I will be posting the Stillies for my wedding work this year.

No comments: