Friday, February 02, 2007

Photo of the week (ending 02/02/07)

This week was a great opportunity to get out and explore places in Hollister that I've never been and really get to know them from the inside.

First up was Ozeki Sake, which gets its rice from Sacramento. This photo of Yoji shows him checking out the koji which ferments the sugarless rice. It was on our paper's front cover for this week.



Occassionally, I'll go to shoot something and be told that something better will be happening later. If I can return I do, I always want to get the best shots I can. When I arrived at St. Francis Retreat to get photos of the geological search for evidence the area is near a fault line (which would modify the reconstruction plans if it is), the trench was still being dug, and as it was not fitted for safety no one was in it.

I was told if I could come back later I would see it compeletely ready to go with people in it. I went back and asked to go down into the trench, which they let me. I like how this photo shows the depth of the trench, the work going on, and you can even see the surface peeking through.


Finally, not a shot of the week per se, here is one of me after I went down 15 feet underground for some shots.


No comments: