Sunday, February 18, 2007

Photos of the Week (ending 12/16/07)

I'm subtitling the photos for this week "Going to the dogs", an expression I've always liked as I'm fan of all dogs.

This week's photos both involve dogs who are part of stories dealing with health. First is Jade, on the left, with her veterinarian, Lisa. Jade is battling breast cancer and diabetes, the latter which left her blind.

Jade's moving story (along with how her family takes care of her), which I wrote, can be found here, "A dog's eye view of illness."

My second photo of the week is of Bear, and his owner, Bob. Bob had been a normal dog for six years when Bob's diabetes caused his sugar levels to effect his job. Bear has been trained to sniff Bob's hand, and let him know when he needs to take Insta-Glucose.

This photo captures the love and relationship between the two.


Melissa's story, "A lifesaver of a pet" about these two is also a great read.

No comments: