Wednesday, February 28, 2007

JJ's Recap

I got to photograph some great musicians at JJ's the last two weeks. Here are some of my favorite shots, and a little about each.

Last Thursday was a special Harmonic Red show. I've looked forward to hearing him since finding out he's played a lot with Jason Ricci, another talented harmonica player I have enjoyed capturing in images.


JC Smith brought a new trumpet player last week, playing with him for the first time, and they still meshed together musically and visually as if they'd played together for years.

Alan Iglesias, who also played last week, is a great friend. A serious amateur photographer, we've had great discussions about my work and his own. He once called me "only the second musician in all my years of playing to get me onstage."


I've waited a year to see Joe Louis Walker who came on this Saturday. He was amazing and worth the wait. He has such a great stage performance.


One really neat thing that happened was that he played the harmonica during the first set. His roadie had told me that he would do it only during the second set (which I don't shoot for the club), but he surprised us all by doing it during the first.

When I asked why later he just said he had a sense that he should. I'm glad he did, I got a lot of great images including my favorite below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share a love/hate relationship with virtual memory because of the way prices are always,and I domean always falling. I hate buying SDs for my R4 / R4i at (seemingly) a bargain price only to see it become ten percent cheaper a couple of weeks later.

(Posted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] NETP)

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!