Thursday, March 01, 2007

All in a day's work

Today I went to Gabilan Hills School to photograph kids celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday by being read to, reading to others, and making arts and crafts relating to his most famous book, "The Cat in the Hat."

While technically tomorrow is Dr. Seuss's birthday, as today was an early release day, they celebrated it early.

While there I got asked by many kids what my job was like. In the past when I was looking for stand alone art, I've described it to kids like doing a scavenger hunt, but without a list of objects to find.

Today I described it as going in, finding different angles, really blending in with my surroundings and coming back with good photos, often getting dirty in the process, I think they really appreciated the latter part.

I didn't have my computer with me, but wished I did to show them some of those moments, like going down in the ditch, putting on firefighter equipment, or just this one from the beach. Not only do the diving girls remind me of some crazy manuevers I've done, but also I got a lot of sand in my camera bag that day.

No comments: