Thursday, April 05, 2007

A View from the Pit

I've had the opportunity with a few papers I've worked for to shoot concerts from the photo pit. It's an exciting experience, with the crowd yelling and pushing behind you, and a limited amount of time (usually three songs, but sometimes just two) to get all the pictures for the publication. Usually places have you leave right after, once I had to go out and come back in throught security again even though I had had a ticket to the show in addition to a press pass all along.

Sometimes people will ask me to take a picture of them at the show, here is a group that I photographed of Dianna, far right in pink, and her friends.


Later during the show, I think perhaps during the second song, I turned around to get some shots of the crowd's reaction. Both Dianna and her friends are in the middle, and to the right the familar sight of a security guard dealing with a crowd surfer. This shot got published as part of the photo package of the show.


No comments: