Thursday, April 19, 2007

Taxi!

I was photographing people for the Town Talk section of the paper when I got a call from Carla, our society writer, who had just learned the person who was supposed to shoot for her was sick.

As she such, she needed me to meet her somewhere fast, and I had to take a cab to the St. Francis Westin, which we both learned was 2 miles away from where I was. While waiting for her to come pay the fare and direct me in the cabbie asked me what the woman I was looking for looked like. I had no idea, having never met her, when I told him so, the look on his face was priceless.

It was kind of a Charlie's Angel's moment have an unseen person give me directions, but she soon found my cab and we went in, and that's where the simliarities ended. As we walked in she filled me in on the San Francisco Opera Guild's Designer Fete 2007 event, a chance to present new designs, see, and be seen.

Carla had thought that perhaps 12 or so photos would be printed, instead we used 18, one to tease the story the day before, and the other 17 today. (Click either to enlarge)

As usual, some of my favorites in color.






I think the red dress this woman is holding up would acutally look well on her as well.



A lot of the society women came fashionably dressed. We noticed a lot of women wearing elegant hats like these two ladies did.


No comments: