Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Crafting Independence: An Enterprising Teen

Today I went to three restaurants and boutiques to profile for the San Francisco Daily. One of the boutiques was started by two ladies in their early 20's. I enjoy hearing about young entrepreneurs, and it reminded me of some photos I took of Dominique Flores, 17, who is planning on starting a business designing and making clothing for older people to help put her through college.


Dominique got the idea from designs she created to help her grandmother who had had a stroke and required her grandfather's help in getting dressed. She wants to design clothes they will enjoy wearing in terms of design and functionality.




As a winner of the California State "I Made it With Wool" contest, she travelled and competed with this outfit.


She enjoys making quilts, which first motivated her to begin learning how to sew.

No comments: