Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Artistic Side of Photography

My job as a photojournalist has let me capture many forms of art. One assignment to write and photograph "La Virgen de Tempeyeac" at the Mission San Juan Bautista featured visual, and auditory art forms.

In 2007 I'm hoping to grow more as an artist both as a photojournalist for the paper (I love that we refer to photos as art or artwork) and for my wedding clients, and as a designer for my albums for the wedding clients.

I hope to take more creative risks (like I did with using the dress as background for many pages of La Trisha and Johns' sign in book). I'm part of a professional wedding photographer forum that is discussing reading "The Artist's Way" and discussing it as a group, which should help me as well.

Finding new angles, light, timing, etc. for my photos is artistic (though I had a sculptor debate with me once if the album designing was more artistic as there I was starting more with nothing and creative something), and also just shooting daily (for the paper, my clients and even myself is another of my goals for this year.

No comments: