Friday, January 19, 2007

Photo of the Week (Ending 01/19/07)

Among the photos that I enjoy taking the most are those that show action, freeze time and make things still that weren't still at the time. It's part of my passion for photography, and part of how I chose to name the company.

Our sports and fitness section included a piece I photographed and wrote about a local group of girls on a competitive hip hop team known as Club FX. The moves are fast, the girls athletic, and they are definitely keeping physically fit through their perserverance and practice.

My two photo of the week choices (so hard to pick just one favorite, though this is my first time on this blog choosing two from the same assignment), are below. First is the girls cartwheeling over their chairs. I like how each one is in a different aspect of her turn.


The second photo is of Jasmine Gonzales on the right, and Desiree Troia, jumping over their chairs, with their legs up high and pony tails flying up.

No comments: