Monday, January 22, 2007

Family Time

Last week while looking for feature art, spontaneous photos that showcase the people of Hollister leading their daily lives, I came across an active and very colorfully dressed family.

At first, when the three pink blurs ran by me, I thought I had found a family of triplets, but soon learned the girls were a set of twins and a younger sister. At first I tried to photograph their game of tag, but enthralled with my camera, they decided to pose instead.


It started with Anely, 4, center, throwing her arms around her sister, Jaylu, 6, exclaiming, "I love my sister!" Then Maria (Jaylu's twin), came over (her arm around both in back), and exclaimed, "I love both my sisters!".

Their big brother, Jamie, 10, then came over and rounded out the picture. Though I knew it wouldn't be used as a feature shot (we like to have them being people in motion), I thought it would make a great semi-casual portrait shot anyway and took it.

Soon used to having the camera on them, the children went back to their game of tag. I photographed them with different ones being "it" and submitted this one to the paper which was later published with the headline, "Three's a crowd!"

1 comment:

Al Kaplan said...

Cute kids, nice photos. Years ago in the newspaper business we referred to things like that as "wild art". Back about 1970 I photographed two boys driving a miniature covered wagon down a nearby street hitched up to a St. Bernard.