Monday, January 15, 2007

Bonsai!

On our last shopping trip together to Borders Book Store with my friend, Colleen, along with some books I picked up a Mini Bonsai Tree in a box kit.

I hadn't opened the box yet, as I thought planting a tree on Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday would be fitting. Upon doing so I learned there are many pieces inside and quite complex instructions.

So it turns out that the first step is to soak the seeds overnight. The seeds apparently float (not mentioned in the instruction booklet), so hopefully they are soaking as they are floating. (This is turned upside down to show them, and righted afterwards for more water exposure.

So the seeds soak for a day, then get wrapped in a damp paper towel and put in the fridge for a week. Then planted. I will keep you posted on the growth of the tree, and show photos as it comes along, assuming all goes well.

No comments: