Friday, March 30, 2007

First SF Daily Cover Photo

When I went to the office of the San Francisco Daily I was looking forward to shooting again soon for a daily newspaper. I had no idea they would be sending me out so quickly on my first assignment - literally before they interviewed me (though they had seen my portfolio and work on this blog).

The Daily is a community paper that especially covers things happening near their office, so when the editor realized the work would be completed demolishing a building two blocks from the office that day (Wednesday), he had me run out and take some shots.

Here is my first cover with the paper, a shot of Jose Sanchez running an excavator across the demolished KFC/Taco Bell hybrid building, you can see the KFC sign of the old building in the distance, as well as a large building that might provide the first new customers of the new structure going up in about four months (another bigger and better KFC/Taco Bell hybrid).


A closeup of my shot.



I knew it was going to be black and white when I shot it (as the daily is a non-color publication), but I still like color a lot for this subject, so here it is in color:



I look forward to featuring some more of the photojournalism and advertising work I will be doing for the paper in future entries.

No comments: