Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Musicians in Studio: Paul (and me, sort of)

In between photographing Hoofbeat on Sunday, I watched my friend Paul play in his studio and got some shots of him playing several instruments (none simultaneously though). He's pretty talented as he can play the guitar, sax, drums and keyboard (the latter not pictured.

Here's some of my favorites. I love the bits of padding on the ceiling in this one.


This really shows how small the studio is on one side.


and finally him on the instrument he tried to get me to play all day, the drums.

Before Sunday I'd tried to play drums exactly once before, while at JJ's Blues during the day, and I had no idea what I was doing and so didn't try for too long.

Paul really needed a beat though, and didnt' want to use the synthesizer. Finally he just gave me a really set rhythym to play (cymbal, bass, cymbal, snare), and while even that was harder than I thought, trying to keep the beat up, I did get a few good runs in, I think.

I don't yet have the pics of this, but Paul said he will send them soon, so I will update this when he does.

No comments: