Monday, March 05, 2007

Gregor Family Portrait Session

Last year I shot the wedding of Chauntel and Gerardo. Even though not all their family could make it, they still had a huge number of people in their posed formals.

I got a call last month from Chauntel as she wanted to doing something special for her parents' upcoming birthday party. As they are still on vacation and do not subscribe to this blog, I can safely put on some pics here.

First some outtakes.

For one photo we tried to get everyone in, even the dogs. In this photo, everyone person and dog, looks at the dog who won't come to the photo.

We ended up doing that photo without the errant dog. Chauntel said her grandmother looked kinda like "The Godfather" in the chair with her family all around her.

Next Chauntel wanted a photo with both her siblings. When asked what they should do I told them jokingly to just have fun and "I don't know, punch your brother," and soon they were complying.

Throughout the day dogs refused to stay put, and Henry chased Bijoux all over, including right through this photo.




The majority of the images though, were just beautiful. Everyone kept saying how long it had been since they had had a portrait, so I did lots of groups.

Here are some of my favorites.

Chauntel and her siblings.

Just the kids.
Her sister's family, even the dog looked in the right place.

Finally this is the one that will be the present.

The parents' joint party, which is a surprise even to them, will additionally be featuring a twist so unique I've never heard of it done before. I'll be shooting that also, and will post pics and details after it occurs.

No comments: