Saturday, March 03, 2007

Me and my shadow

Recently I received an email from Megumi, a student at DeAnza College (where I had taken some photography and photojournalism classes), whose teacher (my friend Brad) had recommended she contact me to watch me work for a day.

After getting permission from today's client, I invited her along and had her begin her day by looking at some of my work including a sign in book...


and some work for the newspaper.

She seemed surprised to learn that I write stories also (one a week, in addition to captions). She's still figuring out what she would like to do with photography, but it seems like it's not going to be journalism (sorry, Brad).

While I was setting up groups, she took a moment to discuss photography with Nonny, a grandmother in the group.



She also took a moment to photograph her new friend, Henry.

Henry is one of my favorite dog subjects, also. On the Christmas card I sent out this year, he is on the bottom right.


Coming Monday, photos from the portrait session.

No comments: