Friday, March 02, 2007

Photos of the week (ending 03/02/07)

I had an interesting week at work, with fun events and many hours to drive around and find art in the simple everyday happenings in Hollister.

I also have a first for me on my blog for photos of the week.

First, a sports shot. Josh Schroder is on track to beat San Benito High School's pole vaulting record of 15 feet, 6 inches. He's already up to 15 feet, one inch. One of the track coaches, Iran White, said he never saw a non pole vaulter shoot a really good vault photo. He's said this was pretty good, though, and I've already received compliments on it.



My second photo of the week is sort of a surprise, as it's my first such still life choice. Without a person or even creature in it, this photo of the snow capped, but otherwise green mountains is my other choice. I'd barely taken my coat off on Wednesday when my publisher had me go up to the mountains to shoot the snow. This was right near private property, apparently closer than I thought as I felt the ends of barbed wire against my jacket.

No comments: